At the 1st Meeting of University Chairs in Sustainability. Agenda 2030, Climate Change and Circular Economy held on 4 October 2023 in Oviedo, representatives of different University Chairs from all over Spain agreed to create the “Network of University Chairs on Sustainability” to promote collaboration in training, research, innovation and transfer of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations Agenda 2030.
- Collaboration: The Chairs, attached to universities in different territories, are committed to actively collaborate to address the challenges posed by the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Cross-cutting approach: The Network adopts a cross-cutting and multidisciplinary approach, recognising and celebrating the diversity of knowledge and approaches present in the different Chairs.
- Promotion of knowledge and rigorous information: Clear and firm position on the validity and urgency of sustainability.
- Common platform for communication and dialogue: The creation of a common platform is announced that will facilitate communication between the Chairs that form part of the Network, promoting collaboration in projects and the dissemination of activities. The Network is constituted as a common interlocutor of the aforementioned Chairs.
- Annual rotating meetings: The Network establishes a commitment to meet at least annually in rotating meetings, hosted by Network institutions, to strengthen cohesion and assess progress.
This initiative reflects the commitment of the University Chairs in Sustainability. Agenda 2030, Climate Change and Circular Economy to sustainability. The Network invites University Chairs from all over Spain to join this commitment to collaborate in achieving the challenges posed by the Sustainable Development Goals.